POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Head in the clouds : Re: Using MakeCloud (...and demo files. Was: "Head in the clouds") Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:23:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using MakeCloud (...and demo files. Was: "Head in the clouds")
From: Jon Berndt
Date: 21 Jun 2004 06:31:43
Message: <40d6b90f$1@news.povray.org>
"Marc Jacquier" <nos### [at] wanadoofr> wrote in message

> Hi,
> I rendered MakeCloud2_demo_rain.pov (with clouds switched off) with a
sphere
> at <0,1100,1000>.
> It perfectly shows in the middle of  the image.

Oh, good ... so I had the right idea, anyhow. :-)

> Did you try switching off the clouds just to see if the plane is not
hidden
> by them?

This is a good idea. How does one turn off the clouds?

> Didn't you rotate your plane *after* translation?

No, here's what I did:

union { // Aircraft
  object { LeftLowerWinglet }
  object { RightUpperWinglet }
  object { RightInboardEngineSupport }
  object { LeftInboardEngineSupport }
  object { RightWing }
  object { LeftWing }
  object { LeftUpperWinglet }
  object { Rb211M524M1lMmaster }
  object { RightLowerWinglet }
  rotate -90.0*x      // I also tried commenting out this line, but it
didn't help
  translate <0,1100,1000>
}

Jon